Sunday, October 5, 2008

THE TULLYVELLA BEAST

After all the excitement of the last three weekends, driving, sea side and hunting, this weekend I get a short rest.....but to keep me on my toes I get ridden most days....hacking out around the local countryside. That's Bess and me in our field...just look at those hills!!!! NOT HOWEVER AS THEY MAY SEEM...........as somewhere in those hills there lies the Tullyvella Beast. According to ancient Celtic legends there was this monster with a long tail who came down from the North of Ireland causing havoc and mayhem as he passed through the villages....creepy isn't it? The story goes...no I'm not making it up....that when he got to our area he felt sleepy and crawled under a huge stone and had a nap......and there he remained to this day ready to emerge once more and continue his terrifying journey.......told you it was creepy!!!!





Now the Gov. likes to do a bit of drawing and painting and he drew this picture of the beast...some call him CROM or Crom the Terrible.......no the monster not the Gov.
Well what do you think...do you believe that there are monsters out there?........do they look like this?.......and am I likely to come across him when I'm out being ridden or driven?.......or is this all a load of makey up nonsense to boost the Irish tourist trade?
All I know is that I do get a sort of funny feeling when I go past the large hills near my stable......plus of course the fact that I do like to tell scary stories....and it is Halloween soon......AHHHHHHHHHH
(If you want to see more of the Gov.'s artwork then visit his new web site http://www.artizanstudio.com/ .......there I've given him a plug ........now he owes me the mints he promised me)

No comments: