Friday, August 29, 2008

DO YOU LIKE MY NEW SHOES?

Every six weeks or so I get to have a new set of shoes, although sometimes I just get the old ones nailed back on. NO...it dosn't hurt even though the farrier uses sharp nails to fix them on....but before they are fitted he trims my feet shorter so I wont trip up. I like my farrier, he's called Brian O'Brian and fits studs in my shoes...just like Rooney and Ronaldo have in their football boots...but a bit smaller. This is great as it gives me better grip on the road especially when I'm driving. The dogs love eating the dead bits of me that Brian trims off......there's old Sam nibbling away beside all the shoeing tools. Poor od Sam...he's at least 16 years old....totally deaf now...came in the yard 14 years ago as a stray and never left...they'r good that way the Gov. and Mam ....thay take in unwanted animals if thay arive. Not me...they bought me!!!
Looking forward to this weekend as the Leitrim Pony Club are all coming to see me and bringing their ponies with them...and I get to lead them on a nice fast ride around the village...the Gov. say's its got to be a steady ride .......BUT I feel so excited I might forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, now Mr Tibbs, I should think as it is a Pony Club it will be small people, so please take care with them, wait until it is just you and The Gov and THEN show your excitement!!!